Risk Management is responsible for the administration of the Worker's Compensation Program that enables employees to receive appropriate evaluation and treatment for work related injuries. This office also administers all aspects of the County's Insured and Self Insured Programs, including the management of property, liability and auto claims.
The Risk Management Division administers the BCC and Constitutional Officers' employees' health, dental and life insurance benefits.
- Plans, evaluates and identifies insurable risks and loss potential and reviews current insurance trends and legislation to modify risk coverage.
- Prepares, negotiates and coordinates all the County's insurance programs.
- Coordinates, participates in all investigations, accidents and injuries that involves County employees on County maintained, or owned facilities and/or properties.
- Maintains, processes and records all insurance or damage claims filed against the County with the appropriate insurance carriers.
- Audits all automobile, general liability and workers' compensation payments made by the County's Third Party Administrators (TPA).
- Reviews all reported workers' compensation injuries and circumstances surrounding the claim