*Paperwork must be submitted before fees can be paid!
STATE CERTIFIED CONTRACTORS
License Requirements to Pull Permits in Clay County:
1) The license holder must appear in person or request a licensing packet by mail/email. Powers of attorney will not be accepted.
If you are not located in the state of Florida, you will also need to provide a signature guarantee from your bank.
2) Please provide the following:
a. A current copy of your state certification.
b. A Worker’s Compensation certificate showing Clay County Building Division (with complete address shown below) as the certificate holder OR a Worker’s Compensation Exemption form.
Clay County Building Division
P.O. Box 1366
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
c. A certificate of insurance for liability showing Clay County as the certificate holder (with complete address).
3) After all documents have been submitted, the applicant shall sign additional documents in our office or return the Signature Guarantee packet. If using the licensing packet – packet shall be complete in order to proceed. These packets can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to the address above or hand delivered.
Once this information is submitted you will be licensed to pull permits in Clay County. Paperwork shall be kept current to prevent future permitting or inspection issues.
STATE REGISTERED: COUNTY CONTRACTORS
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS AND THE FOLLOWING:
1) Applicant will need to have taken a Block Proctored Exam, Experior Exam, Thomson-Prometric or Prometric Exam making a score of 75% or above. Business and Law exam also required, with a score of 75% or above. We do not accept anything but the exam.
2) If Exam was taken in another county that will reciprocate with Clay County, request a letter of reciprocity sent to Clay County showing you made a score of 75% or above on both exams. Letter or reciprocity shall be mailed or emailed, we will not accept a letter that is hand delivered. Clay County Building Division P.O. Box 1366 Green Cove Springs, FL 32043 OR email@example.com
3) The fee for your Master’s License is $35.00 plus a $25.00 administrative fee for registration to pull permits. Checks shall be made payable to: CCBOCC. You may also pay these fees by going to this link: https://public.claycountygov.com/claypay/
4) If you are not already state registered you will need to contact the Department of Professional and Business Regulations (DBPR). Their website is: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/