I understand that an emergency exists and that special arrangements have been made to allow my family and pets to remain together at this shelter facility. I understand and agree to abide by the pet care rules contained in this agreement and have explained them to any other family member accompanying me and my pet.
1. My pet will remain contained in a carrier approved by the animal care personnel except at posted times designated by the shelter staff when I will be able to exercise my pet (if appropriate) and clean its carrier. Dogs will be on a leash any time they ate not in their crate/carrier.
2. I agree to properly feed, water, medicate and generally care for my pet as instructed by the animal care & control staff.
3. I agree to properly sanitize the areas used by me pet, including performing proper waste disposal and disinfecting as instructed by animal care & control staff.
4. I will maintain proper identification on my pet at all times to include the neck band issued upon entry.
5. I will not permit any other shelter occupant to handle or approach my pet either wild in its carrier or during exercise time. I will make sure the carrier door remains securely latched.
6. I understand that if my pet becomes unruly or aggressive or begins to show signs of stress related condition, or appears sick or has parasites etc., it may be removed to a more appropriate location at the discretion of animal care & control staff.
7. I understand that any decision concerning the care and welfare of my pet and the shelter populations as a whole are within the discretion of the animal care & control staff.
8. I agree that any shelter owned equipment used by my pet or myself must remain at the facility and maintained in good, clean condition while I utilize it. All equipment must be left at the shelter upon the removal of the pet.
9. I agree that when it is announced the shelter is closing, I must remove my animal from the property. Any animals not reclaimed and removed from the shelter will be related to the Clay County Animal Care & Control shelter located at or other shelter and will remain there as a stray as required by County Ordinance and state statute.
10. I agree that if at any time I fail to follow the rules as set forth, my pet and I will be asked to leave the facility.
I certify that my pet has not been diagnosed with any contagious diseases and is parasite free.