Generic Permit for Stormwater Discharge

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

As of March 10, 2003, in order to discharge stormwater from a construction site, all construction projects that disturb one acre or more of land must have either:

  • an individual stormwater permit or
  • coverage under on of Florida's general permits

Disturbance includes, but is not limited to soil disturbance, clearing, grading, and excavation.  Operators of sites disturbing less than one acre are also required to obtain a permit if their activity is part of a "larger common plan of development or sale" with a planned disturbance of one acre or greater.

When applying for an individual permit or for coverage under a statewide general permit, you must file an application with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection prior to the commencement of your construction activities.

In addition to the statewide rules, local stormwater and erosion control regulations may be required.  Please check with your city or county government to determine if additional regulations apply to your construction project.

Please click below for links to:

Adobe-PDF-Document-icon16 Generic Permit Application for Stormwater Discharge

World-icon16 Construction Activity Additional Information

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer