Stephanie C. Kopelousos
"The County Manager's Office mission is to manage and direct all activities of the county government as outlined by the County Charter, Code of Ordinances, and as directed by the Board of County Commissioners. The County Manager's Office strives to provide the residents of Clay County with services that are efficient, effective and meet their needs through customer service-based delivery."
The County Manager is the executive officer of County government. She is appointed by and is directly accountable to the Board of County Commissioners. The County Manager is responsible for implementing and executing the policies, ordinances and budgets adopted by the Board, and directly oversees the management and operations of several departments of County government to ensure the County is operating efficiently and effectively. Those departments include: Animal Care and Control; Building; Cooperative Extension Services; Engineering; Environmental Services; Library Services; Maintenance Services; Parks & Recreation; Planning; Public Safety; Public Works and Zoning and Code Enforcement.
- Implementation of policies adopted by the Board;
- Negotiating, supervising and administering of all County contracts;
- Compiling information as requested by the Board;
- Supervising department heads and providing direction, leadership and supervision to all County department heads;
- Prepares and submits an annual county operating and capital improvement budget to the Board;
- Insuring County compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations;
- Providing and maintaining facilities for all agencies as required by law;
- Preparing and distributing the weekly agenda of the Board, as well as follow-up document of actions taken by the Board at each meeting;
- Serving as Ex-officio Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners