Wendell D. Davis
Wendell D. Davis is a native of Jacksonville, Florida, graduating from the University of Florida earning a B. S. degree in Physical Education, Health and Recreation (1964) and a Masters Degree in Educational Administration (University of Florida) in 1967.
Following graduation, Wendell entered the U.S. Army as an Armored Tank Officer. After two (2) years of active military service, he entered the civilian world and coached high school football in Florida for 14 years and college football in North and South Carolina for 6 years. During his coaching years, Wendell also served as a member of the U.S. Army Reserves earning the rank of Major, and The Army Commendation Medal for outstanding service.
Wendell was licensed in real estate in 1978 in the Panhandle of Florida while continuing his coaching career. Wendell began his real estate career full time in 1987 in Jacksonville, after retiring from coaching. In July 1991, Wendell joined Watson Realty Corp. and in December 1995 was promoted to Regional Vice President of the Property Management Division. Currently, he supervises 25 property management office sites (approximately 4600 properties) located from the Kissimmee/Orlando area in central Florida to St. Marys in South Georgia.
In addition, Wendell serves as President of Watson Maintenance Services, Inc., containing a Home Improvement Division, a Plumbing Division, a Heating and Air Conditioning Division and Electrical Contracting Division.
Wendell served as President of the Florida Association of Realtors in 2010, the largest trade association in Florida with approximately 120,000 members, and was recognized as “Realtor of the Year” for 2011.
His civic involvement includes: 1) Director and Past President of the Clay County Chamber of Commerce, 2) Chairman of the Clay County Transit Committee, and Chairman of the Clay County Transportation Advisory Committee, 3) President of the Clay County Republican Men’s Club, 4) Foundation Board of Directors Member -St. Johns River State College Foundation, 5) Clay County YMCA Director, 6) Member of Fleming Island Rotary, 7) Chair Supervisory Committee of Health Services Credit Union.
Wendell has been active for many years in his church and other community activities.
He and his wife Jackie will have been married for 48 years in April 2012, and have three grown children, and four grand children.
- University of Florida, B.S. Degree, 1964
- University of Florida, Masters Degree, 1967
- Officer in the US Army, 2 years active; 21 years U.S. Army Reserves
- Coached High School and College Football, 22 years
- Regional Vice President of the Property Management Division, Watson Realty Corp.
- President of Watson Maintenance Services, Inc.
- Director and Past President of the Clay County Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Clay County Transit Committee
- President of the Clay County Republican Men’s Club
- St. Johns River State College Foundation Board of Directors Member
2011/2012 Committee Assignments
- Vice-Chair, Economic Development
- Economic Development Committee (Chamber of Commerce)
- Northeast Florida Regional Planning Committee
2012/2013 Committee Assignments
- Vice-Chair, Board of County Commissioners
- Government Affairs
- Alternate, Northeast Florida Transportation Planning Organization
- North Florida Regional Council (NEFRC)
- Chair, Economic Development